PHPR (Prehearing Permanency Review)
During this process, Mediation West will use a template approved by the judges in our area where we will document:
- An update on the child(ren): Placement, behavior, relationships, school performance, services provided to the child(ren)
- Services offered each parent to help bring the children home
- How each parent taken advantage of the services offered throughout the case
- Reasons either parent has not taken advantage of services offered throughout the case (examples might include work schedule conflicts, transportation issues, provider availability).
- Additional services that can be offered to either parent to assist with bringing the children home.
- Quantity/quality of contact that each parent has had with each child in the family.
The report will also document progress toward bringing the children home.
- What is a realistic target date to bring the children home?
- What is the action plan with specific steps and timelines for each parent?
- What makes bringing the children home achievable?
- If at target date for reunification is not possible, the group can explore:
- An appropriate primary permanency plan (such as a guardianship or adoption).